On Feb. 3, Ameren Missouri filed an electric rate case with the Missouri Public Service Commission (PSC) seeking an increase of approximately 14 percent, or $14 per month. The utility company’s filing also included a request to continue its fuel adjustment clause. Public comment hearings have been set before the Public Service Commission and are listed below. Please note that each hearing will commence with an informal question and answer session prior to hearing public testimony.
See Also: Affordable Utilities Now
Twelve local public hearings are scheduled during July and August in cities in the affected areas of the state. “AARP Missouri opposes the increase,” said Norma Collins, AARP Missouri associate state director or Advocacy. “We encourage all utility customers in the affected rate areas to attend the public hearings and voice their opinions.”
Ratepayers in the Ameren Missouri are encouraged to attend and the following public meeting sites are listed below. Locations, dates and times are subject to change.
Please visit this website frequently for any updates and changes.
- Harris-Stowe State University, Emerson Performance Center – Bank of America Theater, 3101 Laclede Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63103, July 26, at noon.
- University of Missouri at St. Louis, J.C. Penney Conference Center, Summit Room, One University Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63121, July 26, 6p.m.
- The Governor Office Building, 200 Madison Street, Room 310, Jefferson City, Missouri 65102, July 30, 6p.m.
- St. Charles County Administration Building, 201 North 2nd Street, Room 115, St. Charles, Missouri 63301, Aug. 15, at noon.
- City Hall Council Chambers, 2101 Jeffco Boulevard, Arnold, Missouri 63010, Aug. 15, 6 p.m.
- Holiday Inn South County, Monticello A&B Ballroom, 6921 South Lindbergh Boulevard, St. Louis, Missouri 63125-4220, Aug. 16 at noon.
- Wohl Community Center, 1515 North Kingshighway, St. Louis, Missouri 63113, Aug. 16, 6 p.m.
- Osage Community Centre, 1625 North Kingshighway, Meeting Room 2AB, Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701, Aug. 21. at noon.
- Bootheel Regional Planning Commission (Old Armory), Meeting Room, 105 North Main Street, Dexter, Missouri 63841, Aug. 21, 6 p.m.
- East Central College, 1964 Prairie Dell Road, Room BC138, Union, Missouri 63084, Aug. 22, 5 p.m.
- Mexico Courthouse, Community Room – Basement, 101 North Jefferson, Mexico, Missouri, 65265, Aug. 23, at noon.
- Truman State University, 100 East Normal, Student Union Building, Activities Room, Kirksville, Missouri 63501, Aug. 23, 5 p.m.
Persons unable to attend a live public hearing and wish to make written comments or secure additional information should contact The Office of the Public Counsel, P.O. Box 2230, Jefferson City, Missouri 65102, telephone 573-751-4857; email email@example.com; or the Missouri Public Service Commission, Post Office Box 360 Jefferson City, Missouri 65102; telephone toll free 800-392-4211 email firstname.lastname@example.org.