AARP is proud to be a part of the Minnesota Leadership Council on Aging (MNLCOA) -- a group that organizes consumer, advocacy, social and health service to advocate boldly for older adults and their families in Minnesota. Sixteen leading nonprofit organizations form the Council. Together these organizations represent or serve thousands of seniors and family caregivers.
A key initiative of the Council has been Communities for a Lifetime, a 2009 law passed to promote better local services and infrastructure for seniors in Minnesota. The Council organizes an annual Aging Summit, to address trends and policy needs related to Aging. The Council’s Web site www.mnlcoa.org serves as a valuable portal to information about aging issues in the state.
Member Organizations include:
• Aging Services of Minnesota
• Alzheimer's Association Minnesota-North Dakota
• Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
• Care Providers of Minnesota
• ElderCare Rights Alliance
• Elderberry Institute
• Hospice Minnesota
• Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
• Mature Voices Minnesota
• Minnesota Association of Area Agencies on Aging
• Minnesota HomeCare Association
• Minnesota Medical Directors Association
• Senior Community Services
• Volunteers of America of Minnesota
Visit www.mnlcoa.org for more information.
Next ArticleRead This