In January, State Research fielded a major telephone survey in support of the AARP “Telling Our Story” initiative. Data was collected from approximately 29,000 50+ adults across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. A core set of survey questions were asked in every state that centered on people’s top concerns and interests. In addition, AARP state offices were asked to choose from a database of survey questions on topics that ranged from community issues to utilities.
The overall goal of this survey was to gather information on a state level on the needs, interests and concerns of the 50+ population and AARP members. This information will allow the states to demonstrate AARP relevance at the community level, share AARP’s total brand story and engage the 50+ population and our members in the work that we do for them.
If you are 50 or older and didn’t receive a telephone call, you can still participate in this important initiative. Tell us your story. Share with us any of the following:
- What is the single most important problem or challenge facing those 50+
- What kinds of things do you dream about doing?
- What issues are of most importance to you? (e.g. staying healthy, adequate health insurance, staying in your home as you age)
- What financial issues do you worry about most?
- What consumer concerns do you have? (e.g. consumer fraud, deceptive business practices, deals and discounts)
- What community concerns do you have? (e.g. alternative housing, accessible sidewalks, transportation)
- What long term care concerns do you have?
- What state budget concerns do you have? (e.g. education, public safety, health care access)
As we continue to connect at the local level, your comments, observations and opinions are welcomed. I encourage you to tell your story. Send responses via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell your story – we’re listening.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This