In these challenging economic times, now more than ever, AARP New York is standing up for our members and all New Yorkers as a nonpartisan advocate for social change.
AARP New York is working hard on behalf of our 2.6 million members, 400,000 activists, and 5,000 volunteers to achieve lifetime financial security and affordable, accessible health care for everyone as they age.
Here are a few issues AARP New York is focusing on in 2009:
• ensuring choice and quality for people needing long-term care services;
• making prescription drugs more affordable;
• making homes, roads, and neighborhoods more “livable” so that New Yorkers can age in their own communities;
• finding ways to allow people to save more money for their financial security;
• providing help to grandparents who are raising their grandchildren;
• and increasing access to quality health care.
Together, we stand ready to take on these issues to guarantee that New Yorkers age 50+ have independence, choice, and control in ways that are beneficial to them and society as a whole.
Read AARP’s complete federal and state legislative agenda.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This