We all need a refresher from time-to-time. Therefore, AARP Colorado is taking this space to remind our members of what we do and who we serve.
AARP’s mission is dedicated to enhancing quality of life for all as we age. We lead positive social change and deliver value to members through advocacy, service and information. Our vision is a society in which everyone ages with dignity and purpose, and in which AARP helps people fulfill their goals and dreams. AARP’s motto is “To serve, not to be served,” which is a quote from our founder Ethel Percy Andrus.
AARP has been in operation for more than 50 years. It is a nonprofit, nonpartisan social welfare organization with a membership that helps people 50-plus have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole. AARP does not endorse candidates for public office or make contributions to either political campaigns or candidates.
By the Numbers
- AARP Colorado has more than 650,000 members.
- Nearly 80 percent of Colorado residents 50-plus voted in the last election.
- More than 663,000 Coloradans collect their earned Social Security benefits. More than 600,000 receive Medicare benefits. The majority of recipients are retirees.
AARP Colorado sponsors a number of local events, including the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, The Colorado State Fair Fiesta Days, the Fruita Fall Festival and the Denver Gay Pride Parade. AARP works in conjunction with many local organizations and municipalities, including the Denver Regional Council of Governments, Serve Colorado – Governor’s Commission on Community Service, Volunteers of America and Brother’s Redevelopment, Inc.
In addition, AARP provides programs that help older workers find employment, prepare for retirement, get their taxes filed for free and become safer drivers. AARP also works to ensure consumers know how to safely and effectively manage their medications and to preserve the independence and choices of people 50-plus.
Colorado Office Staff
- State Director: Morie Smile
- Advocacy Director: Kelli Fritts
- Multicultural Director: Roberto Rey
- Communications Director: Angela Cortez
- Senior Operations Associate: Mona Martinac
- Program Specialist: Jeremiah Mora
- Senior Program Assistant: Cathy Lasnik
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This