Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Nothing has been viewed
2013 AARP One-tank Road Trip Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Am I Eligible to Participate? The AARP "One-tank Road Trip" Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the United States (except Florida) and the District of Columbia who are 21 years or older at the time of entry and who are registered and participating in the Games Message Board. Employees of AARP, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "immediate family members" includes spouses, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
3. How Do I Enter? The Contest will begin on Tuesday, July 23, and end at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Monday, September 30, 2013 (the "Contest Period"). To enter, you must (a) register online to join the Travel Tips Message Board during the Contest Period; and then (b) post entries on the community page throughout the Contest Period. Be sure to complete all of the required information and follow instructions for submitting your registration.
Posts may not contain material that is sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous, indecent, obscene or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor and Judges in their sole discretion. The use of automated entries or programs or entries submitted by third parties is prohibited and such entries will be disqualified. To be eligible for the grand prize you must post in the community. All entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt and publish any or all of the Contest posts and may use them in any media without compensation to the entrant or any other person or entity. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. What Could I Win? One grand prize winner will receive a $100 gift card.
5. How Will the Winner Be Selected? All posts of eligible entries will be judged by AARP (the "Judge"). Winner will be selected based on his/her posts in accordance with the following criteria ("Criteria"): (i) participation in the online community (33%); (ii) creativity (33%); and (iii) capture the theme of the Contest (34%). The individual with the highest overall score is the potential winner.
6. When Will the Winner Be Notified? The potential winner will be notified by Friday, October 11, 2013, after the selection via e-mail and/or AARP online community message center. Sponsor's inability to reach Winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable and/or Winner's failure to respond to a prize notification within 48 hours may result in his/her disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and the selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. What Other Terms Apply? Winner may waive his/her right to receive prize. With Sponsor's approval the Prize may be assignable. No substitutions allowed by Winner. The Prize is subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned within fourteen (14) days of date of personal delivery or sender's postmark. Failure to timely sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in the Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes Winner's consent to the Sponsor's publication of his/her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Contest Judge, which shall be final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest. In the event the fairness or proper administration of the Contest is compromised by a virus, tampering or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. All AARP.org users should seek expert financial advice and consult their own tax advisers or financial planners for any specific financial issues.
8. Who Is the Sponsor? The Contest is sponsored by AARP. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.
9. How Can I Request the Winner's Name? For a copy of a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: AARP Online Community Team, attention: One-tank Road Trip Contest, 601 E. Street, Suite B5-400, Washington, DC, 20049. Requests for a list of winners must be received by November 15, 2013.