This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Divaflo. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
in just 20 minutes.
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained, reserve ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 medium diced banana
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
1. In a large sauce pan cook rice according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, sauté chicken for 5 minutes until tender. Stir in pineapple and green pepper.
3. In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, water, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Stir well.
4. Pour mixture into chicken mixture. Mix well to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring often.
5. Fold in banana and almonds. Heat through.
6. Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
7. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Makes 6 servings (approx 4 oz chicken with 1/3 cup cooked rice)