This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Makes 1 (10-inch) pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe for 10-inch double-crust pie (see below)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, salt, zest and flour. Let sit, covered, at room temperature while you prepare the pie crust.
- Turn one crust into a 10-inch pie pan and pour in the filling, spreadng evenly. Cover with remaining crust, sealing and crimping as desired.
- Cut four slits in the top and brush the top (but not the edges) with milk for a lighter crust or egg wash for a darker crust and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on a baking pan to catch any drips and bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 40 minutes, but start checking at 30 minutes. When pie is bubbly, it's done.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature unadorned or with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.