This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut in small dice, about 8 ounces or 2 cups
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice (about 6 to 7 ounces)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion tops or fresh parsley
In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add minced shallot and pecans; cook until shallot is tender. Add rice and cook, stirring, until well blended. Stir in sweet potato. Stir about 3/4 cup of the hot broth into the rice mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding liquid, about 1/4 to 1/3 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until the rice and sweet potato are tender (not overly soft). The texture should be creamy a little loose. This will take about 25 minutes and about 2 to 3 cups of broth. Stir in Parmesan cheese and green onion or parsley, then taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serves 3 to 4.