This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
- Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon if desired, salt and water until smooth; add the blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Gently fold the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and lemon juice into the blueberry mixture. Pour into pastry; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis:1 piece equals 406 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Originally published as Ozark Mountain Berry Pie in Country June/July 1992, p47