This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
1. Greek yogurt, banana, and peanut butter. This powerful protein-carbs-fat trio was a popular choice for many Kitchn readers, who said it was filling enough to satisfy them after a hard workout and hold them until their next meal, but not too heavy or calorie-laden to blow all their hard work.
2. A fruit smoothie made with yogurt, milk, or soy milk. Protein-packed fruit smoothies were another popular recommendation. The sugars from the fruit provide the necessary carbs for refueling, while the protein (from yogurt, powders, or nut butters) helps fill you up.
3. Nut or energy bars. A high-protein nut bar helps keep you from feeling sluggish throughout the day. It's also an easy and convenient snack, making it a preferred choice for those on-the-go.
4. Eggs + something starchy (usually bread or potatoes). Once again, a little protein paired with carbs is the magic combination. In this case, put an egg on it! Eggs on toast, egg salad, eggs with sweet potatoes... these were just a few of people's favorite eggy post-workout snacks.
5. Chocolate milk This was pretty surprising, but many readers cited chocolate milk as their favorite post-workout pick-me-up. A few even said that coaches and personal trainers turned them on to it:
For more info and recipes, please go here: