This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound kale, (about 1 bunch) stems removed, and leaves sliced 1” wide
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 2 cups cooked organic white beans (navy, cannellini or great northern) drained (1 can drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 scant tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dry
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Wash kale thoroughly and drain but do not dry.
Heat a large skillet over medium high flame, add olive oil, and sauté shallot and garlic for 2 minutes.
Add the beans and gently mash a few of them. Add the kale and stock, a pinch of salt and the chopped herbs. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until the kale is tender. Season to taste with sea salt and a few grindings of pepper and serve.Variations: Sauté a tablespoon of slivered sage leaves with the garlic and shallot.
If you like a bit of heat, add a pinch of cayenne with the beans.
Meat eaters may appreciate a grilled or pan seared organic turkey or chicken sausage perched on top. Slices of nicely browned, sun dried tomato or spicy Italian style sausage will make a perfect compliment.