This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 2 scallions, white parts and green parts minced separately
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- white pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup water
- Remove the stems from the shiitakes. Use a damp paper towel to wipe the caps from the center towards the edges. Trim the stems of any dirt, and then mince the stems.
- Add the minced shiitake stems, pork, white part of scallions, ginger, sesame oil, oyster sauce, sake, sugar, salt and white pepper to a bowl. Put on some gloves and knead well.
- Divide the meat mixture into six balls, and then stuff each ball into a shiitake cap. Lightly dust the shiitake and meat filling with the cornstarch.
- Heat a frying pan with a lid over medium-high heat and add about two teaspoons of vegetable oil. Fry the meat side of the stuffed mushrooms until browned, then flip and fry the mushroom side for about the same amount of time. With the lid in one hand and the water in the other, carefully add the water and quickly cover with the lid.
- Steam until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 5 minutes). Remove the lid and let the remaining liquid thicken into a sauce, tossing to coat each stuffed mushroom. Plate the mushrooms and garnish with the minced scallion greens.