This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
We're honoring the legendary King of Rock 'n' Roll... , on what would have been his 78th birthday, by featuring six of his down-home southern-style favorites! So get out your blue suede shoes and get ready to be "all shook up" when you make one or all of these classic recipes!
The King's Cake
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the granulated sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Gradually blend in , flour, and salt. Beat in mashed banana and 1 teaspoon vanilla until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into prepared cake pans.
- 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes, then remove cakes from pans and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and butter; beat until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. Frost cake and sprinkle with peanuts.