This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
From Cook's Country
Makes 12 biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and frozen 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and frozen 30 minutes
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pulse all-purpose flour, cake flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cream cheese, and butter in food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer flour mixture to large bowl. Stir in buttermilk until combined (dough may appear slightly dry).
2. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead briefly until dough comes together. Roll dough into 8 by 6-inch rectangle, about ¾ inch thick. Cut into twelve 2-inch squares and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake until light brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and let cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.
MAKE AHEAD: Unbaked cut biscuits can be refrigerated on baking sheet, covered with plastic wrap, for 1 day. To finish, heat oven to 450 degrees and bake as directed.