This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
- 4 cups strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 cup bottled Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix or your favorite strawberry daiquiri mix
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 1/3 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 scoops high-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- For strawberry sauce: In a medium bowl, combine strawberries and daiquiri mix. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- For shortcake: In a medium bowl, use a pastry blender to cut butter into biscuit mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened. Drop dough into 6 mounds on an ungreased baking sheet; flatten each mound with the back of a spoon until about 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- To serve, cut shortcakes in half horizontally. Place bottom layers in 6 shallow dessert dishes. Top each with a scoop of ice cream. Replace top layers. Top with strawberry sauce and whipped cream.
(Strawberry Daiquiri Shortcakes)
Servings Per Recipe 6, Niacin (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 319, sodium (mg) 728, pro. (g) 8, carb. (g) 72, vit. A (IU) 631, calcium (mg) 20, Potassium (mg) 367, vit. A (RE) 36, fiber (g) 2, sugar (g) 37, cal. (kcal) 665, Monosaturated fat (g) 9, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, chol. (mg) 140, sat. fat (g) 23, Fat, total (g) 40, vit. C (mg) 34, iron (mg) 0
- Prep 25 mins
- Chill 1 hr
- Cool 10 mins
- Bake 10 mins to 12 mins