This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Makes: about 4-1/2 dozen cookies
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes, at room temperature (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate fudge frosting
- 1/4 cup nonpareil candies
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with .
- In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract, mixing well. Add melted chocolate and mashed potatoes, beating until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to mixture, stirring until smooth. Mix in nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cookies spring back when touched lightly with a finger. Remove cookies from oven and wait 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool slightly. Frost warm cookies and sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Use only real mashed potatoes in this recipe.