This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore 50something. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Alice Hoffman, Job Expert and Monster Tech, wrote an article, "10 Ways to Keep Busy Between Jobs."
Why? Because employers want to know how applicants spend their time while they are out of work. They want to see that you are productive with your off-time.
Besides bypassing depression, discouragement and helplessness, www.50somethinginfo.com/Directory/Lifestyle/Employment/Jobs.aspx">job seekers can influence potential bosses by demonstrating continued career involvement.
Here's what you can do:
1. www.50somethinginfo.com/Directory/Lifestyle/Employment/Volunteering.aspx">Volunteer. You give back to a cause and organization while networking with people who may be able to guide you in the right direction.
2, Join a professional organization and take a leadership position.
3. Update your skills by www.50somethinginfo.com/Directory/Lifestyle/Adult-Education.aspx">taking classes.
4. Take an internship, particularly if you are www.50somethinginfo.com/Directory/Lifestyle/Employment/Career-Change.aspx">changing careers.
5. Teach a class.
6. Be an independent consultant. Get business cards and set up a website.
7. Join a job seekers group to exchange contacts and give support.
8. Build www.linkedin.com/jobs">social networks online and offline.
9. Consider opening your own business.
10. Have fun and keep your www.50somethinginfo.com/Directory/Health+and+Wellness/Mental+Health/Positivity.aspx">sense of humor.
For more about employment, visit www.50somethinginfo.com/Directory/Lifestyle/Employment.aspx">50somethinginfo.com.