This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore HTee. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
About medical claims processing in general:
I find the doctors are very patient and will treat you prior to payment trusting your credit.
The hospitals however demand payment even while the insurance is processing payment for the same service. One hospital I dealt with was demanding advance payment of my annual deductible ($500.) even though I knew it would be satisfied and paid prior to admission.
Claims are just another unsavory side of life we have to take in stride.
My condolences for the loss of your husband. And to compound the loss of your beloved husband, you are dealing with the claim delay. Claims can be such a pain and your experience with the hospital insisting on pre-payment of the deductible even though it would be paid by the insurance as you stated, is outrageous to say the least.
I have had to have Medicare process my claims since I turned 65 and it has been sooooooo aggravating. Prior to September 1, 2000, my hospital charges were paid by Medicare at 80% of the approved amount and I was responsible for the remaining 20% which I could calculate very easily. But beginning with that date, Medicare would not list the approved amount and I had charges where it paid 45% and I paid 55% of the approved amount. Also, Medicare would send the MSN within 30 days after receiving the claim but not it is 90 days or longer.
Certainly, there should be a better way to deal with processing claims, quickly and without the aggravation we are encountering.