This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore astridocean. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
What to do with old panty hose?
First thing I do is cut off the legs and toss the brief (panty) portion into the rag bin.
Ten ways I use old stocking legs:
1. I make soap on a rope for camping trips and outside spigots. Simply place soap in leg and tie the end. Then make a loop at the other end to hang on a hook or spigot for easy clean up. Keeps soap clean and off the ground!
2. I use it to hold moth balls using the same method as above and hang where needed.
3. Slip over the end of the vacuum cleaner hose to pick up small items behind furniture.
4. You can stretch a piece over the pool skimmer to catch all those small particles that clog the filter.
5. Cut into small strips to tie up plants in the garden, stocking will expand as the plant grows.
6. Use to wash delicate items in the washing machine. Just place item inside, tie off and toss in washing machine.
7. Use as stuffing for homemade stuffed animals and pillows or minor repairs on such.
8. Use as a scrubber for dishes and cleaning around the house.
9. My favorite... Encase your young tender vegetables in the garden with it to keep bugs off. Stocking will expand as vegetable grows. Make sure not to cut off the plants circulation!
10. You can also use the stockings to store gift wrapping, posters and wallpaper rolls to prevent damage.
Never a need to toss the stocking just because you get a run in them!