This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore hawkinma. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
A couple of years ago I got tired of my "volunteer" fan palm that had grown to about 10' tall. With the intention of deleting this volunteer from my flower beds, I took a saw to it at about 5'. That's when my energy ran out. The next spring I noticed that the remains were looking poorly. I pushed a little and the top came tumbling down. Now I was faced with the possibility of having to dig the rest out of the ground. As time goes, I came to the conclusion that I was not able or willing to dig it out of the ground. I then dug out the center, put in some soil from my "soil pit" and dug up a couple of spider plants & asparagus sprengeri (all of which had volunteered to grow where I didn't want them). Hence my no cost & not much sweat above ground pot came to pass.