This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore GoodTimeCharlie. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
THE FACT IS THAT NOW, AFTER THE ELECTION, OBAMA/LIBERALS ARE FINALLY TALKING ABOUT CUTTING ENTITLEMENTS (SEE MY SEPARATE TOPIC)? remember Obama had no PLAN TO SAVE MEDICARE in his PLATFORM?
Now, the really intereting thing is AARP has conducted a survey which is very interesting.....BUT I ASK WHY DIDN'T THE AARP CONDUCT A SURVEY PRIOR TO ENDORSING OBAMCARE WHICH IS BAD FOR SENIORS?????
LET'S LOOK AT THE AARP ARTICLE NOW. I will address each point in BOLD PRINT.
Congress and President Obama are heading into negotiations on how to reduce the federal deficit and avoid the “fiscal cliff” — a round of automatic budget cuts and tax hikes that will hit at the beginning of the year. Here are five findings from the survey (which has a margin of error of 3.5 percent) that could play into the negotiations.
• More than two-thirds of older Americans (67 percent of Republicans and 71 percent of Democrats and independents) say that any changes in Medicare and Social Security should be part of a separate debate, not mixed in with the larger deficit and budget negotiations.
UNFORTUNATELY, WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE ENTITLEMENTS THE FISCAL CLIFF SYNDROME WILL NOT BE SOLVED......ENTITLEMENTS AND INTEREST ARE THE BIGGEST FUTURE PROBLEMS WE HAVE...THEIR UNFUNDED LIABILITY IS LEADING US DOWN THE ROAD TO GREECE....TO TREAT THEM SEPARATE IS TO JUST PUT OFF THE INEVITABLE WHICH IS SOMETHING MUST BE DONE BECAUSE THE ENTITLEMENTS INCLUDING OBAMACARE ARE UNSUSTAINABLE IN THEIR PRESENT FORM.
• About three-fourths of older Americans oppose cutting Social Security and Medicare benefits to reduce the budget deficit.
PERHAPS IF YOU WOULD HAVE SUPPORTED THE ROMNEY/RYAN PLAN AND VOTED FOR ROMNEY WE MIGHT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SAVE BOTH SS AND MEDICARE BENEFITS FOR THOSE NOW RECEIVING THEM. BUT THINK, OBAMA DID NOT PROMISE US THAT OUR BENEFITS WOULD NOT CHANGE AND ROMNEY/RYAN DID.....
• Of the issues likely to come up during a lame-duck session of Congress, extending tax cuts for middle-income taxpayers drew the most support (74 percent) from those surveyed. Slightly less than half said they favor across-the-board tax cuts. Republicans have pushed to extend the tax cuts for everyone, arguing that it’s important for the economy, while Democrats have pushed to limit the tax-cut extension to middle-income taxpayers. That difference is likely to be a flashpoint of the negotiations.
TAXING THE RICH WILL REALIZE LITTLE INCOME AND WILL HURT SMALL BUSINESSES BUT I BELIEVE IT WILL HAPPEN ANYWAY. THE BIG FALLACY IS WE DO NOT HAVE A TAXING PROBLEM.....note our corporate taxes are higher than any nation in the world....WE HAVE A SPENDING PROBLEM......A HUGE SPENDING PROBLEM WHICH WILL AFFECT SENIORS.
WHY? BECAUSE THOSE WHO LOVE FEDERAL FREE STUFF DON'T WANT TO GIVE IT UP. THOSE FED BUREAUCRATS WITH HIGH PENSIONS, THOSE GETTING FOOD STAMPS AND FREE PHONES, THOSE WHO ARE WASTING OUR TAX DOLLARS BY LETTING FRAUD GO UNTOUCHED, ETC. WILL HURT SENIORS' WHO ARE FIGHTING TO RETAIN THE BENEFITS....SS AND MEDICARE....WHICH THEY PAID FOR.
FREE STUFF WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF THIS COUNTRY.
• Extending the law that provides extra unemployment benefits drew support from 56 percent of those surveyed, while preventing reductions in payments to doctors who treat Medicare patients drew support from 46 percent.
99 WEEKS OF UNEMPLOYMENT COMP IS RIDICULOUS AND MAKES MANY OF THOSE WHO ARE RECEIVING IT LESS SELF RELIANT. WHY NOT HAVE A WPA, LIKE FDR, SO THAT THOSE WHO RECEIVE BENEFITS CAN BE PROUD AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE PRODUCTIVITY OF OUR COUNTRY?
• One area where partisan loyalties sharply divided the respondents was in whether President Obama has provided enough details on his plans for Medicare and Social Security. More than three-quarters of Democrats felt they had enough information, but fewer than one in five Republicans did.
IF ASK THE QUESTION WHAT OBAMA'S PLANS ARE THOSE 75% OF DEMOCRATS WOULD SAY........GEE....I DON'T KNOW.....WHY? BECAUSE HE HAD NO SPECIFIC PLANS......