This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Events. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Thanks so much for your questions...we're really exicted about Atlanta this fall.
We are doing another Day of Service, http://bit.ly/134kmfl. Lots of great projects this year, so be sure to find your favorite.
We always try to keep the fall event around the same time every year, it sometimes depends on when the convention center space is available. We've talked with our colleagues in Atlanta and are told that early October is still pretty warm (mid to high 70s during the day).
Here are a list of speakers this year along with the day and time they'll appear, many in the featured sessions, http://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/events/national_event/atlanta/speakers/. Be sure to keep checking the site for updates to the list as well as the schedule.
Would love to hear from others who know a lot about Atlanta and the incredible things to do there as well...In the meantime, check out our feature on "Experience Atlanta" http://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/events/national_event/atlanta/ and start making your Atlanta to-do list.
In Response to Re: A Legendary Opening Show for Atlanta!:
I'm getting antsy! Have my flights, and hotel reservations, and miss other "post-ers" asking questions, discussing tours, along with other announcements like featured sessions/speakers. Every time I check this group there's such little activity. So, I've got a few questions. . . .
1. Will there be a "volunteer" activity in Atlanta (similar to New Orleans and Vegas)? Have you heard anything about what we'll be doing?
2. Looks like a good line-up of tours, but I'm sorry Stone Mountain is only available during the 2 days of the Event. We'll probably reserve the Thursday morning one, so we can be at the Event Thursday after 3:00 and then all day Friday at sessions/movies and exhibits.
3. What do you think--since the Event has usually been held around the first of September, shouldn't we consider staying with that time for the 2nd Event each year? October is getting into fall/winter, and makes it hard to do some of the outdoor stuff like Stone Mountain.
4. When do you think we'll know about the times for featured sessions (so we can make a better decision on the AARP tours)? Will there be a repeat of some of the speakers/sessions that were in Vegas?
5. We usually arrive a day early, and leave a couple of days after each event--but I feel sorta rushed this year, and don't know much about the area--so I'd appreciate hearing from anyone about what you think are the #1 and #2 don't miss this when you're in Atlanta sights. Would sure appreciate your input.
Posted by leanna191