This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore di52517. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
A FEDERAL judge in NC blocked Rowan County commissioners from opening board meetings by praying "in Jesus' name".
U.S. District Judge James Beaty in Winston-Salem said the sectarian prayers, because they embrace a specific religion, likely violate the First Amendment's religious liberty guarantee.
"Plaintiffs have provided evidence that 97% of the board meetings since November 5, 2007, have included a sectarian prayer invoking the Christian faith, that no prayer has invoked a deity specific to any faith other than Christianity, and that commissioners have expressed their intent to continue delivering prayers in Jesus' name at the start of the board meetings", Beaty wrote.
"Furthermore, Plaintiffs have shown that they intend to continue attending Board meetings in the future, but that they are offended by the sectarian prayers delivered therein and feel excluded from the community and the political process as a result of such prayers."
The county had also asked Beaty to stay proceedings in the case until the U.S. Supreme Court hands down its decision in Galloway v. Town of Greece, N.Y.
In that case, the three-judge panel in New York concluded that "an objective, reasonable person would believe that the town's prayer practice had the effect of affiliating the town with Christianity".
This is just another example of the holier-then-thou, so called "christians" trying to shove their beliefs down other people's throats, while preventing other religions of expressing theirs.
Court document located at http://www.i-really-want-to-know.com/__shared__/files/shared_aarp_2qYPVCNWk1XONkpTX/court_documents/religion/002563_aarp_(politics_and_current_events)_support_001_(order).pdf.
QUOTE: "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
1. If the links aren't working, it is the fault of AARP IT/PLUCK for them not programming the auto parsing of URL's correctly. I WILL NOT use the "insert hyperlink", as discussed in other posts, to "enable" bad conduct by AARP IT/PLUCK. The use will need to copy and paste the link in, because of AARP IT/PLUCK.
2. Shared files are automatically deleted after 34-36 hours of being UPLOADED.
3. All files scanned with AVAST before uploaded.
4. Date format of my posts: YYYY_MM_DD (YEAR_MONTH_DAY).
5. Time format for my posts -- 24 hour clock
6. Per Federal law (17 USC 101, 105, 201), no document of the US Govt may be copyrighted.