This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore sherjon. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
The poor would pay less, the rich more, business would flourish, and the IRS would be drastically reduced.
The above is just another unproven theory.
Why change the whole system which would be very expensive for business and govt. Keeping the system we have we just need to take away ......even half the tax writeoffs for the rich to increase our revenues and THEN you wouldn't have the wealthy paying less $% in taxes then their office workers. Take away the wealthy Bush tax cuts which they won't even MISS because they did nothing to help the economy but did lower USA revenues. .
When corporations make a whole lot of money ---- they dole it out in bonuses to their CEO's and give them obsene retirement packages ---and grace the uppermanagement with millions before the small investors even get their piddling amounts afterward. That's the trend.
I'm not sure where you are getting your information. The "rich" pay around 80% of the taxes collected. Half the people in the US don't pay any income tax. That leaves only 20% for the rest of us. I agree that we need to cut some of the deductions but if we leave it to Congress, they will cut the wrong ones.