This blog post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore jcofla. Show Details
This blog post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Because you are here and reading this, chances are you already have created a profile page on the website. But from time to time we get and abundance of individuals who have not yet learned how to edit a good profile page or update it or how to post or change a profile picture. I jokingly refer to the people with no photo as the “Blue Silhouette People.” That’s because a blue silhouette is what appears when they have no picture. And then there are those who used one of the avatars provided by the website. Trust me when I say either is of course acceptable but I believe members of a social networking website would want to have either a photo of themselves or maybe for security reasons, a photo of something of interest to them or to visitors to their profile. I also believe they should want people to know a little about them.
So allow me to tell you have this is done. Let’s start with editing your profile picture.
- From your profile page click on “Settings” (For security reasons the site will ask you to log in again).
- On the next page click on “edit image” (under the current profile picture).
- A new box will open and you will see a box with the word “Browse.”
- Click on that and another box will appear allowing you can upload files from your computer.
- Find your photo files, select the one you prefer, highlight it and click on “Open.”
- Your computer file will close and the file directive you selected will appear in the box to the left of the word “Browse.”
- At the bottom (left side) you will see “Save” and “Cancel.” Click on “Save.”
When done correctly your profile setting page should reappear as well as another little box saying “Your profile image has been successfully undated” (The second little box will only be seen for a brief moment).
From this page you can click on “view your profile” and be back to your normal page.
Let’s now do a little profile editing. Again,
- Go to your profile page and click on “Settings.” (it may again for security reasons ask you to log in again).
- When you get to that page you can make a number of changes to your profile. Scroll down and find “Your Online Profile.”
- To the right of that section you will see and should click on (Edit). A box will pop up and you will be able to edit your Gender, Location, Marital status, Ethnicity, Religion, and what known as “My Persona Content.”
- Once you have edited all the sections MAKE SURE you scroll to the bottom and click on “Save.”
Let me caution you, you may not want to put your actually city and state in the “Location” section. If you are bothered by it you could put something in like “Western (your state), state.” It may take a couple tries to get it to look the way you want.
Here is another item to consider. The “My Persona Content” section determines the privacy of your profile. Your choices will be Public, Share with friends, and Private. Public means anyone going to your profile will be able to see everything. Share with friends will allow only people you have “friended” to see your profile. Private means NOBODY will be able to see ANYTHING on your profile. Choose whichever you are comfortable with but keep in mind, this is a social networking website and having your profile private isn’t very social.
Okay, there you go, your done. See? That wasn’t so hard, was it? If as you are attempting to do any of this you run into problems I would invite you to send me a message through my profile page. Let me know what the issue is and if I can’t figure it out to help you I will put you in contact with someone who can. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your accomplishments.
John / jcofla