This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore BettyCM. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
You can help Honor Veterans in your community, or at your local club, or school: Contact the USO for more
Club or Organization
If you want to get your club or organization involved:
- Host a spaghetti dinner or a pancake breakfast and invite the community to join you.
- Host a car wash and ask the location to match what you raise.
- Ask for a second collection at your place of worship—to support the troops and their families.
- Partner with a flower wholesaler and sell flowers at Mother’s Day, Valentines Day, etc.
- Ask if you can work at your local sport team’s concession stand with a percentage of the proceeds going to the USO.
- Ask your local bar to guest bartend and give you part of the door fee on a slow night and you promote it to your members and their friends.
- Host a Bowl-a-thon and recognize the top fundraisers as well as the top bowlers, teams, etc.
- Host a Cook Off—whether it’s chili, pies, etc. Invite the public to pay an entry fee to be in the contest and charge admission and/or tasting fees to those who want to come to the event.
- Challenge your members to come up with ways they can raise money through their businesses and business connections—and recognize the top fundraising member.
- Hold a book sale. Have members bring in their old novels and set up a day to sell them. Whatever is left can be donated to a local library.