This blog post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore sandy. Show Details
This blog post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our new Online Community. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced. We are actively working to address your concerns.
Below you will see a summary of issues that are being addressed. Please bookmark this blog as we will be updating the status of fixes regularly.
Friday, May 28, 2010: Four new fixes will launch.
- Profiles: Changes, additions and edits to your personal profiles will stick
- Group Descriptions: Changes to your groups description as well as the category your group is associated with stick
- Change Email Address: Changing your email address from your profile will work
- Improved Search: When searching for a group and you only indicate a category, like health, the results will show all the groups associated with health
Note: The AARP.org Online Community will be down on Friday, May 28th from 2 a.m. – 3 a.m. ET for maintenance.
Still Working on…
- Email notifications to group members when activity happens in your group(s)
- Site’s load time
- Missing groups, friends, photos, and videos (vs. the old community)
- Sorting options for friends, groups, and posts within groups.
- How To’ s for Community Features
- Ability to mark all threads, not just posts, as read.
- Ability to mark all inbox messages, not just page by page, as read.
- Ability to hide my recent activity from my profile page without having to make my entire profile private.
- Improved navigation in the Online Community
Styling of original posts and replies to posts
- Editor formatting and styling not sticking.
Problems with logging into your Online Community account have been addressed today. If users are still having an issue logging into your account, please send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- browser used
- browser version
- MAC or PC
- Details of the issue
Providing this information helps us isolate the problem and provide faster resolution.
Check out the aarpguide blog posts for tips and tricks on getting the most out of the new community.
We have also simplified the privacy settings. Your profile can be set to public (viewable to everyone), your friends (only your friends listing can view your content), or private (only viewable to you). All information associated with you, excluding groups, will follow your overall profile settings. As indicated above, we are working on the ability to hide your recent activity without you having to change your entire profile to private.
Please continue to test and report any issues or concerns you experience.
Thank you for your support!