This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore jane. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
If you’ve walked with us last year, you’ll remember how much fun we had: a couple of hours of non-stop applause from the crowds as we pass along, sprinkled with shouts and cheers by those happy to see AARP in the parade.
And, this year, we have double the Skittles supply to throw to the crowds!
If you decide to walk with us, you’ll get:
- An awesome red AARP “Pride Comes in All Ages.” tee shirt
- The chance to illustrate the point: Pride DOES come in all ages (and shapes and genders and colors).
- To be CHEERED by thousands of people lining the streets of Washington DC (and absorb the delight)!
- Any leftover Skittles that don’t get thrown into the crowd!
- and, for those needing assistance: a smooth ride in a cute and decorated truck (first come, first seated).
To reserve your spot with the AARP contingent, contact Jane Lincoln (email@example.com) by June 11th,along with:
- Your name and the names of any guests or friends joining you
- Your preferred tee-shirt size(s) (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Your interest in reserving a spot in our vehicle if you are unable to walk the parade distance (standing and walking for two to three hours).
We look forward to having a great time with all of you!
Thanks to you all,
Jane Lincoln and Chris Boardwine
Co-Chairs, PRiSM Network
What: DC Capitol Pride Festival, Washington, DC
When: Sunday, June 13, 2010
Where: At historic Pennsylvania Avenue, between 4th and 7th Streets, NW
How: By Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial (Green and Yellow Line) and Judiciary Square (Red Line). Limited street parking is available.
Time commitment: 1 hour shifts begin at 10 am through 4pm. (We think you'll have so much fun you will want to stay longer!)
All volunteers get a free tee-shirt and a rainbow wristband sporting our tag line: “Pride Comes in All Ages.”
I look forward to working with many of you again and meeting the new PRiSM Network members. Please send an email to me with your preferred time and I'll send a schedule out by Friday, June 11, 2010.
It's going to be another fun-filled PRiSM event. See you there!
Co-Chair, PRiSM Network