This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 12 ounces smoked andouille sausage, cut in 1- to 2-inch lengths
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot cooked white or brown rice or cooked drained spaghetti
Cover and cook the chicken and sausage mixture on LOW for 6 to 7 hours. Add the chopped green bell pepper about an hour before the dish is done. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Serve this flavorful chicken and sausage dish over hot boiled rice, or serve it with spaghetti or angel hair pasta.