This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
- 4 medium chicken breast halves (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 4 medium chicken drumsticks (about 1 pound)
- 4 medium bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt or regular salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- Grilled lemon slices (optional)
- Snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley or regular parsley (optional)
1. Skin chicken pieces, if you like. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and black pepper. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
2. For marinade: In a small bowl, combine broth, the 1/4 cup parsley, lemon peel and lemon juice, oil, sage, thyme, red pepper and garlic. Pour over chicken. Close bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove chicken pieces, reserving marinade in bag. Set chicken aside.
3. For sauce: Strain marinade. Transfer marinade to a medium saucepan; add honey. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced to a glaze consistency (should have about 1/4 cup).
4. For a charcoal grill: Arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place chicken pieces, bone sides down, on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts, 180 degrees F for drumsticks and thighs), brushing with some of the glaze during the last 15 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill: Preheat grill. Reduce to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.) (For a broiler: Place chicken pieces, bone sides up, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts, 180 degrees F for drumsticks and thighs), brushing with some of the glaze during the last 5 minutes of broiling.)
5. To serve, if you like, garnish chicken with thin lemon slices and sprinkle with additional snipped parsley. Makes 8 servings.