This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Bake 40 mins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 21 - ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch (3-quart rectangular) baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together granulated sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in cherry pie filling and almond extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press 2 cups of mixture onto bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon rhubarb evenly over crust. Spread with cherry mixture. Combine remaining crumbs and the nuts; sprinkle on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream, if you like. Makes 12 servings.
(Rhubarb-Cherry Crunch)Servings Per Recipe 12, sat. fat (g) 5, Fat, total (g) 11, vit. A (RE) 93, carb. (g) 65, pro. (g) 3, cal. (kcal) 363, vit. C (mg) 5, fiber (g) 2, sodium (mg) 150, calcium (mg) 71, iron (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 22