This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Instead of ordering take-out, make this classic Chinese dish at home. Serve over rice for a complete meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onion strips
1. Combine 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sherry, cornstarch, and shrimp.
2. Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add peanuts and next 3 ingredients; stir-fry 30 seconds. Stir in celery and bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sherry, and broth. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and salt. Top with onions.
- 9.1g (sat 1.5g,mono 3.6g,poly 3.1g)