This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
This is an easy, wonderful recipe that is simple enough for an everyday meal but good enough for company. It makes a large amount, so it feeds plenty of people. I serve it with steamed broccoli covered in a cheese sauce and fresh bread.—Christine Eilerts, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 6 Servings
- Prep: 30 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Hearty Cheese Tortellini published in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p39