This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat; remove meat mixture from skillet.
2. Peel eggplant; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Sprinkle with lemon juice. In the skillet, cook eggplant in butter until tender.
3. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine (if you like), the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, the parsley, and meat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Makes 6 servings.