This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
No-Roux Gumbo-style Stew
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth (Vegetable or beef broth works too.)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups sliced okra (or frozen)
- 1 15-ounce can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 ½ pounds combination of cooked shrimp, sausage and chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup parsley for garnish
- Hot sauce
- Sauté onions, peppers and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add flour stirring until bubbly.
- Add broth, bay leaf, okra, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add the cooked meats and shrimp then continue to cook until the stew is hot and bubbly.
- Serve over rice and garnish with parsley. Place hot sauce on the table for diners who prefer a touch of heat in their stew.