This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Summer Potato And Basil Salad
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, cleaned, cut into chunks
- 5 ears corn, shucked, cleaned
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons worth lemon juice
- 2 tsp. all-purpose greek seasoning
In separate pots, cook the potatoes and corn. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they are fork tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cook the corn in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes until they are tender. When the potatoes and corn are ready, drain the water and submerge them in an ice bath to stop them from cooking.
After the potatoes and corn have cooled down, drain them well. Place the potatoes to a bowl. Cut the kernels off each ear of corn and add to the potatoes. Add the grape tomatoes, onion, and whole basil leaves. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and lemon juice and toss to coat. Season to taste with Greek seasoning. Serve immediately.