This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 800 gram (28.2 ounce) can of stewed tomatoes, preferably from San Marzano
- 2 stalks (70 grams / 2.5 ounces) celery, roughly chopped + more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- mellow gin (like Hendricks or Bombay Saphire)
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a dry stainless steel or cast iron frying pan, add the curry powder and toast, stirring constantly until fragrant.
- In a blender, add the can of tomatoes, the celery, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, and then strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher, pressing on the solids to extract as much juice as possible.
- Fill glasses with ice. Add a quarter glass of gin, top off with the tomato mix, add some of your favorite hot sauce if you want and stir together using a spoon. Serve with the celery stick, a dust of curry powder and a twist of lemon
Yield: 4 cups of mixer or 4-6 drinks