This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Hays House Brisket
This tender brisket is popular at the Hays House restaurant in Council Grove, Kansas, one of the oldest continuously operating restaurants west of the Mississippi River.
- 1 3- to 3-1/2-pound beef brisket
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hamburger buns, split (optional)
1. For brisket: Trim fat from meat. Place meat in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
2. For marinade: In a medium bowl, combine onion, liquid smoke, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery seeds, garlic, and black pepper. Pour over the meat; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
3. Place meat in a foil-lined 13x9x2-inch baking dish: pour marinade over meat. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until it's very tender, turning once. Remove from oven. Carefully transfer meat to a cutting board; discard marinade. To serve, thinly slice meat across the grain. Place on a serving platter. If you like, serve in hamburger buns. Makes 8 to 10 servings.