This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose baking mix ( I used NOW® Foods Gluten Free Baking Mix)
- 2 tablespoons double action gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 cup milk OR milk substitute (I used canned light coconut milk)
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, drained and cooled wild rice (Use canned cooked wild rice to save time)
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
Prepare muffin pan with olive oil baking spray or butter.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk to thoroughly mix. Break up any small clumps of baking powder with your fingers.
- Add lightly beaten eggs, milk and oil and stir to combine.
- Fold in cooked, drained wild rice and diced onions. Stir to combine.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3rds full.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until the muffin tops are golden brown.
- Cool muffins before removing from the pan.
Yield-About 18 muffins depending on how full you fill the muffin cups. If you fill them too full, the muffin tops may run together!
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.