This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
This yummy cake is so moist, you won't even need the cup of coffee! Make it for your next get-together—your guests will thank you. —Kathleen Larimer, Dayton, Ohio
- 16 Servings
- Prep: 40 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with half of the pecan mixture. Gently top with remaining batter and pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 333 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake published in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p79