This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
- 8 ounces dried elbow or corkscrew macaroni
- 8 ounces ground lamb or lean ground beef
- 1 14-ounce jar spaghetti sauce with onion and garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1.8-ounce envelope white sauce mix
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated kasseri cheese or provolone cheese (1 ounce)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside. In large skillet, cook ground meat until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce, cinnamon and fennel seed; set aside.
2. In medium saucepan, slowly stir milk into white sauce mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Gradually stir half of the white sauce into eggs; return all of the mixture to saucepan. Stir in feta cheese and nutmeg.
3. To assemble, layer half of the cooked pasta in a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Spread meat mixture over pasta; top with remaining pasta. Evenly spread white sauce mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with kasseri cheese.
4. Bake in a 350° oven about 35 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings