This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Zil. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
A crispy, savory crust of cheese, crushed cornflakes and butter tops a combination of ham, hash-brown potatoes, cubed cheese, condensed soup and sour cream. The recipe comes from a Shawano, Wisconsin, reader who perfected it during years of potluck dinners.
8 to 10 servings
- 1 16-ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 1 10-3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 32-ounce package frozen, loose-pack hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 8 ounces cubed American cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dairy sour cream and the condensed cream of chicken soup. Stir in the frozen potatoes, cubed ham, cubed American cheese, and chopped onion, if you like.
2. Turn mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, spreading evenly. Combine cornflakes and the melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle over the potato mixture.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until bubbly around the edges and heated through. Makes 8 to 10 servings.