This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore klogan. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
In Response to Putting Illegal Immigration Into Perspective by rtbt
Just a piece of information........
The amnesty of 1986 was supposed to be a "one time only" amnesty. Yet since 1986, Congress passed a total of 7 amnesties for illegal aliens:
- The Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA) Amnesty of 1986 - the "one-time only" blanket amnesty for some 2.8 million illegal aliens.
- Section 245(i) The Amnesty of 1994 - a temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens.
- Section 245(i) The Extension Amnesty of 1997 - an extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994.
- The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty of 1997 - an amnesty for nearly one million illegal aliens from Central America.
- The Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA) of 1998 - an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.
- The Late Amnesty of 2000 - an amnesty for approximately 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty.
- The LIFE Act Amnesty of 2000 - a reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty to an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.