First: March 7, 2008
Last: February 13, 2013
SSA office hours have been cut back, yet didn't hear a peep about that! SSA should be expanded to have one place to do paperwork that is being duplicated over & over, then cut the other many agencies, THEN the government won't be spending SO much money on wasted resources & seniors & disabled people can relax a little, not be so rushed with paperwork while dealing with health issues, etc.
State-run, local medicaid programs have increased paperwork for everyone involved, as have the addition of these new federally-funded, state-run, county or parish-procured programs cost more, waste time duplicating paperwork AND have reduced the quality of our care.
I've have to go through mountains of paperwork every year that is a waste of tax dollars & resources-both the governments & that of those who need these services. Having to deal with 5 or more agencies & sub-agencies asking for the same information, when there has been no change in anything, except having to pick a Medicare part D plan each year, is ridiculous, wasteful & an abuse of us & tax dollars!
It's also a good way to bankrupt our healthcare system & fast!
How many agencies/sub-agencies (people) do yo hav to deal with for your basic needs?
3) Medicare part C
4) Medicare Part D
5) Medicaid (Medi-Cal in CA)
6) HUD (Mortgage, Section 8 voucher or government-owned Housing (add 1 if you have to deal with maintenence or related housing services)
7) Food Stamps
8) In-Home Support
9) Community Based Adult Services
10) Food bank
11) Advocacy program
12) Transportation services (ADA, medical &/or other)
13) Legal services
14) Administrative Law Judge to sort ot services or SSA claims
15) Ask yor doctor(s) to fill out forms for agencies more than once
16) Local community services
17) Tax service (community, on-line or private tax preparer)
18) Other services
In this computer age, there seems ro be no reason to have to report or request information to or from more than one place. This wold certainly cost less, errors could be straightend out more efficiently and it wold cost us all far less.