Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Welcome to the AARP Discussion Board. Here you can talk with peers about current events ranging from Social Security to caring for your parents to the latest on health care reform. It is also the perfect place to exchange healthy eating recipes and job hunting tips.
These forums are for you to engage and have fun meeting new people. Just remember the community code: Be nice!
Questions on buyout and returning to school.
posted at March 21, 2012 1:44 PM EDT
First: March 21, 2012
Last: March 21, 2012
Have you or someone you know taken a buyout from a company and returned to school? If so, I invite you to further discuss how you faired in the pursuit of education after taking a buyout.
Re: Questions on buyout and returning to school.
posted at April 8, 2012 8:21 PM EDT
First: February 27, 2012
Last: April 19, 2012
My name is Laura Lee Rose: the Corporate Exit Strategist for the Blomming Entrepreneur. I am a business and life coach that specializes in this very transition or next chapter.
1) Start off with your vision, mission and personal/professional goal.
2) Outline the gaps between where you currently are in your skillset and where you need to be to accomplish those goals.
3) Identify the team (types of people you need) to accomplish your goals. You don't actually need to be the one that fills all the skill gaps. You just need to place a complementary team in place to cover the significant talent.
4) Indentify the courses, classes, and training that fills the skill gap that you are personally assigned.
5) Define reasonable forcing functions, accountability partners and success criteria in advance.
If you need more individual help, please feel free to contact me for a free introductory coaching session.