Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Welcome to the AARP Discussion Board. Here you can talk with peers about current events ranging from Social Security to caring for your parents to the latest on health care reform. It is also the perfect place to exchange healthy eating recipes and job hunting tips.
These forums are for you to engage and have fun meeting new people. Just remember the community code: Be nice!
Why I am Letting My Membership Expire
posted at April 12, 2012 12:29 AM EDT
First: October 1, 2011
Last: April 12, 2012
I am letting my membership expire for 2 reasons.
1. AARP refuses to publically address the real reason Social Security is going broke; that being the simple fact Congress has been raiding the trust fund since the Johnson Administration.
2. AARP refuses to take a stand against Congress forcing certain groups of retired disabled Veterans to pay for their own disability compensation by forfeiting one $1 of their earned retirement for every $1 they receive from the Veterans Administration. This affects hundreds of thousands of disabled military retirees.