Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Welcome to the AARP Discussion Board. Here you can talk with peers about current events ranging from Social Security to caring for your parents to the latest on health care reform. It is also the perfect place to exchange healthy eating recipes and job hunting tips.
These forums are for you to engage and have fun meeting new people. Just remember the community code: Be nice!
Thai Turkey Burgers
posted at October 9, 2012 3:47 PM EDT
First: August 27, 2012
Last: June 19, 2013
serves 6, Calories: 213, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 438mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 23g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Protein: 22g
1/4 cup(s) refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs, fine, dry
1 teaspoon Thai seasoning
1 pounds turkey, ground
6 hamburger buns, whole-grain (cocktail-size)
3/4 cup(s) basil, fresh
2 tablespoon peanut dipping sauce
1 medium mango(es), pitted, peeled and sliced
1. In a medium bowl, combine egg product or egg, bread crumbs, and Thai seasoning or curry powder. Add ground turkey breast; mix well. Shape into six 3/4-inch-thick patties.
2. Place patties on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium goals. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (165°F),* turning once.
3. To serve burgers, top bottom half of each bun with some of the basil. Add patties. Spoon peanut dipping sauce over patties; add mango slices and bun tops.