How to Become a Free Lunch Monitor
If you have already decided to attend a free lunch seminar, consider bringing the "What to Listen For Checklist." The checklist will help you ask the right questions and capture key information.
The checklists will also be shared with state regulators to assist them in their fraud prevention work.
As a Free Lunch Monitor, you can help make the financial marketplace safer for all investors!
Free Lunch Monitor Instructions
1. Print and take the Checklist to the investment seminar*
2. Do not wear anything that says "AARP" or announce that you're a free lunch monitor
3. During or after the seminar, fill in your observations on the checklist
4. Send your completed checklist along with the invitation to AARP
5. We strongly discourage inviting individuals into your home that you do not know!
Send Your Completed Checklists and Invitations
If you're not attending a seminar, you can still help by sending us your invitations. All completed checklists and invitations should be sent to:
AARP Free Lunch Monitor Program
PO Box 93028
Long Beach, CA 90809
Or scan and email to email@example.com
Knowing what occurs at these seminars and how they're marketed helps AARP and regulators better determine if investment professionals are truly working in the best interest of each investor.
* Do not use a recording device during the session; they are not allowed in certain states.
Also of interest: Questions to ask any financial professional. >>