AARP Utah is a founding member of the coalition behind the Believe in Your Future website www.believeinyourfuture.org, part of a multi-faceted initiative of the Utah Council on Financial and Economic Education UCFEE to promote financial knowledge and economic education.
See Also: When a Savings Plan Goes Bust Prepare a Plan B
This website is designed to give all Utahns useful and reliable information and tools they need to face the broad variety of money-related issues that may arise over the course of their lives -- whether it is getting out of debt, looking for a job, saving for college or retirement, or buying a car or home.
The goal of Believe in Your Future is to serve as a centralized, coordinated access point for this information, and to connect you with programs and resources to meet whatever financial challenges you may be facing. Please consider Believe in Your Future as your partner in pursuing your financial goals. Working together, we can make a strong, bright economic future a reality for all Utahns.
Although the website is a centerpiece of the Believe in Your Future campaign, AARP Utah was also instrumental in working with the coalition and KUED to sponsor the Utah Money Watchers conference in March 2011, which brought financial experts from around the country together to provide information and advice about how to avoid fraud, invest wisely, and save for the future.
UCFEE was founded in 2009 after the passage of Senate Concurrent Resolution 3 sponsored by Senator Pat Jones which outlined the foundation for the coalition. The resolution also encouraged the council to connect, coordinate and strengthen existing financial education efforts in Utah. UCFEE is chaired by the Utah State Treasurer and includes participation by more than 50 private and public entities. By sharing a common commitment and providing financial education, support and tools, UCFEE empowers people to achieve economic and personal financial stability.
In addition to AARP Utah, the UCFEE Coalition includes the following:
- AAA Fair Credit Foundation
- ASUU Personal Money Management Center University of Utah
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Chevron Corporation
- Community Action Partnership of Utah
- Cottages of Hope
- Credit Score Plus
- Deseret Media Companies / Imagine a Happier You
- Far West Bank - S. Jordan Lending Office
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco – Salt Lake City Branch
- Finance in the Classroom
- Internal Revenue Service
- Ivory Homes
- Junior Achievement of Utah, Inc.
- KeyBank N.A.
- KUED - Public Television
- Morgan Stanley Bank, N.A.
- Mountain America Credit Union
- The Pitney Bowes Bank, Inc.
- Salt Lake County
- United Way of Northern Utah
- United Way of Salt Lake
- United Way of Utah County
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Utah Bankers Association
- Utah Division of Securities
- Utah Educational Savings Plan
- Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority
- Utah Jump$tart Coalition
- Utah Microenterprise Loan Fund
- Utah Saves
- Utah State Office of Education
- Utah State University Extension
- Utah State Treasurer's Office
- Wadell & Reed, Inc.
- Wells Fargo – Utah
- Zions Bank
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This